Celtic Frame CandlesNew Ballagh
+00 353 (0)71 98 54030

The New Ballagh Centre

The New Ballagh Centre is an old Church of Ireland chapel. The chapel was originally opened in 1851.

The last service was some time in the early 1960's, and the chapel was closed.

By the mid-1990's it had fallen into disrepair and was no more than four ivy clad walls with no roof, doors or windows, and in danger of collapse.

Rossinver Community Development Company approached the Church of Ireland and secured a lease on the property. Using grants from various sources they restored the chapel as The New Ballagh Centre, a multi-purpose community resource centre.

The stain glass windows were created by Sharon and Maureen Byrne and have been featured on Irish televsion. Each stain glass window tells a story. There are four seasons featuring nearby Lough Melvin in every kind of weather and feturing native wildlife including red squirrels, pheasants, otters, herons and Kingfishers.

Rossinver Community Development Company would like to acknowledge the work of all the Byrne Family including artists Sharon and Maureen and their mother also called Maureen who was secretary for many years as well as their father John Byrne who worked on the restoration as a master stone builder.